Archdiocese of New York
Administrative Assistant to the Regional Superintendent of the Manhattan Region
Reporting to the Regional Superintendent of the Manhattan Region, position provides all executive level administrative support to the Regional Superintendent.
Executive Administrative Support:
- Ensure the organized, effective, and efficient completion of tasks of the Manhattan Regional Office.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Regional Superintendent, including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondences that are sometimes confidential.
- Oversee and manage all communications including coordination of Regional Superintendent’s phone lines; screen phone calls and visitors
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Regional Superintendent, with principal, board members, donors, staff, and others, on matters related to Region’s programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Regional Superintendent, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Regional Superintendent’s office and internal departments of the Archdiocese of New York Office of Catholic Education; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the Regional Superintendent to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the Regional office, and manages a variety of special projects for the Regional Superintendent, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Maintain and monitor Regional Social Media in coordination with Regional Superintendent and DOE
- Oversee general office supplies, including the coordination of orders as needed
- Complete other special projects and duties, as assigned
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including principals, staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Proven flexible working style; with ability to work independently or as part of a team, carrying out multiple and diverse tasks concurrently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Four years similar senior-level administrative work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); Outlook; Google Apps including Drive, Doc and Sheets; Adobe Acrobat etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Courteous and professional communications style with all internal employees and external contacts.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Candace.Sinclair@archny.org