Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION Catechetical Office
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
POSITION CONCEPT: To Regional Catechetical Director
The following responsibilities are inherent in all secretarial positions:
Provides principal secretarial support in an office usually to one individual, and, in some cases, also to the subordinate staff of that individual. Maintains a close and highly responsive relationship to the day-to-day activities of the supervisor. Works fairly independently receiving minimum of detailed supervision and guidance. Performs varied clerical and secretarial duties requiring a knowledge of office routine and an understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures related to the work of the office.
The following responsibilities are applicable:
Handles a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical or administrative functions of the office which often cannot be brought to the immediate attention of the Regional Catechetical Director. The Regional sets the overall objectives of the work. The Administrative Assistant may participate in developing the work deadline. Duties include or are comparable to the following:
- Based on a knowledge of the supervisor’s views, composes correspondence requiring some understanding of technical matters; may sign for Regional, when technical or policy content has been authorized.
- Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the supervisor for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meeting, telephone call, etc., and informs supervisor on matters to be considered. Notes commitments made by the Regional Catechetical Director during meetings and arranges for implementation.
- Reads outgoing correspondence for the Regional’s approval and alerts writers to any conflict with the file or departure from policies or Regional’s viewpoints, gives advice to resolve the problems.
- Summarizes the content of incoming materials, especially gathered information, or meetings to assist the Regional.
- Assist the Regional in matters pertaining to Coordinators of Religious Education and Catechists.
- Assists the Regional in the varied organizational tasks associated with the 2 yearly Catechetical Forums.
- Some College Courses
- At least 5 years experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Computer literacy
Bilingual a plus