Corazon Puro’s mission is to awaken and accompany leaders in areas of great need. We are seeking a highly motivated young adult who feels called to support the formation of Catholic leaders in the United States and beyond. During this time of great need for the Church and world-wide epidemic, we walk with youth and young adults out of isolation into community and service. This is accomplished through a personal encounter with Jesus Christ in leadership formation, education, service, and family strengthening. In a time in which the faith of so many young people hangs in the balance, we are seeking an Assistant Program Coordinator to assist this great work during this time of grace.
- This position may offer subsidized living at the Prince of Peace Chapel apartment in New Jersey.
- This is a part-time paid position; 20 to 30 hours a week.
- Work location can vary between New York and New Jersey. This is an in-person position, not remote.
The Assistant Program Coordinator of Corazon Puro will have the mission to assist the Program Coordinator to develop, implement, and execute the initiatives of the mission of Corazon Puro through its programs. In collaboration with the President and administrative team, the Assistant Program Coordinator creates opportunities for youth and young adults, beginning with Hispanics, to become well-rounded, agents of change through formation in faith and life skills.
- Support the planning and coordination of Corazon Puro programs and respective activities.
- Ensure program compliance and recommended practices.
- Supports growth and program development of Corazon Puro.
- Be the liaison for special events for Corazon Puro such as our Missionary Formation Program.
- Respond to daily requests from Corazon Puro volunteers, providing resources and assistance.
- Communicate with national and international affiliates.
- Build positive relations and community with volunteers and external parties.
- Must be open to participate in major events both nationally and internationally.
- Assist in content creation which may require filming, editing, and translating of program materials.
- Manage media and communications on social media platforms, and the website in collaboration with the Development Coordinator.
- Must be willing to travel and driver’s license is required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Committed to live, and ability to articulate, the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or pursuing higher education.
- Strong leadership experience and abilities.
- Strong social and interpersonal skills.
- Independent worker and thinker who can provide both vision and execution.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish
- Although not required, marketing and branding abilities preferred.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a link to complete our Corazon Puro Employment Application.
Upon submission of the Employment Application the following documents will be requested:
- Current Resume or CV
- Recommendation Letter from a priest or ministry leader you have worked within the last 5 years.
- Short Question Response: Please write a 500-word response to the following question: Why do you think you are the best candidate for this role?
The application deadline for submission is November 15, 2020 and you will receive a response from us on or before December 11th.