Title: Assistant Project Manager
DeSales Media is a non-profit which serves Catholic dioceses across the country, and right here at home in Brooklyn and Queens. We’ve just launched our first tech offering to empower parishes to have the best websites available today. It’s called ParishCentral, and it’s available to any Catholic diocese. As our we bring new dioceses onto the platform, we need an organizational mastermind to facilitate multiple multi-site deployments across different cities. The work will involve internal and 3rd party creative production, event management, file organization and sharing management, and plenty of budgeting, timelines, and tracking. As part of the new Software & Services team, this role is a new one, can be based in Brooklyn or remotely, and reports to our Account Supervisor.
Who You Are
You are the one who grabs the bull by the horns. You then proceed to assign the bull a few deliverables, some deadlines, and teach the bull what a Gantt chart is. You are an enabler. You like that your clients’ success is your success. You like laying train tracks, installing trains on those tracks, and watching them run on time. You like these analogies for some reason, and you’re curious who wrote them. (Answer: your future boss’s boss.)
You legitimately welcome major projects with arms wide open, coming to the table with process improvements, new ways to work, and a boatload of can-do problem solving. You are confident in your abilities, and that has earned you autonomy. You listen closely to your clients, you learn quickly, you try new things, and you get it all done with a smile on your face.
You also care about Jesus Christ, and you want to be a part of the organization whose main goal is to drive Catholics to put their faith in action.
● Orchestrate the enablement of new tech clients, from contract through implementation and on to onboarding and training.
● Manage the relationship with new tech clients, anticipating client concerns/needs and providing counsel across multiple accounts
● Find and work with creative solution vendor partners
● Work independently and confidently, displaying the skill level to serve as our clients’ day-to-day contact
● Work collaboratively with others to ensure smooth handoffs between project milestones
● Organize Photo Day at each new parish or school, booking photographers and drone videographers, and coordinating with the client
● Establish, then operationalize your processes, making them run effectively and efficiently
● Ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of all work
● Prepare regular status reports across all sites
● Determine post go-live support plan and objectives
● Professionally manage delicate situations with at times technology-averse clients
● Create and maintain project and post-project documentation and notes for continuous improvement
● Understand our buyers’ personas and the entire customer journey
● Stay up to date on trends within creative production and project management
● 2+ years doing IT or agency-side project management
● PMP, Agile or similar project management certification is ideal
● Exceptional at problem solving
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of internal disciplines and business groups
● Excellent interpersonal, writing, project management, research, presentation and analytical skills
● Capacity and willingness to rapidly adapt, thrive, and multi-task in a highly dynamic workplace
● Demonstrated resourcefulness, strong work ethic, attention to detail, and self-motivation
● Positive, optimistic, and solution-oriented attitude
● Ability to manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously with no supervision
● Strong desire to work autonomously, yet with proven collaboration skills
● Thorough understanding of current and emerging digital channels and technologies
● Excellent organizational, prioritization, and project management skills
● Ready to learn and apply new skills and technologies quickly
● Ready to serve in the mission of promoting our Catholic faith
● Ability to use a computer regularly and for long intervals
● Proficiency with business, productivity, and project management software
● Last, but not least, a delightful personality
Who We Are
DeSales Media Group is a Catholic non-profit in the Diocese of Brooklyn. Led by the Vicar for Communications, DeSales Media is at once a media holding company, an agency for Catholic institutions, and a technology company. With the charge of helping Catholics come to know Christ by connecting with their faith, DeSales aims to open the channels of authentic and effective dialogue within and between the Christian community.
DeSales runs a multitude of media properties through which local Catholics stay informed and up to date on the things that matter most. NET TV cable and online streaming network delivers licensed and original content in English and Spanish, and includes New York City’s only daily Catholic news program, Currents News. The Tablet is the only weekly Catholic newspaper in New York City. Nuestra Voz is New York’s monthly Spanish-language Catholic newspaper.
DeSales works as an agency with other businesses. Catholic schools in Brooklyn and Queens stay technologically advanced with instructional media and hardware and software resources through the Catholic Telemedia Network. Parishes, schools, and all diocesan entities benefit from DeSales’ digital and creative services, where websites and marketing campaigns come to life. DeSales also offers a number of PR services, government services, tech services, video production services, and services relating to external affairs.
And now, DeSales has made its first technology offering available to dioceses around the world. ParishCentral is the premiere website platform for dioceses to meaningfully engage the faithful at every digital front door: their parishes’ websites.
We’ve created a world-class team to tackle these important Catholic ministries, and we’re looking for more top talent to work with us out of Prospect Heights, Brooklyn. Help us grow our community in faith, hope and love, through meaningful interactions with Catholics, and services rendered to Catholic institutions in the tri-state area and beyond.
If this sounds like a great fit, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to hearing from you!