The Global Regional School System is looking for an Associate Director of Budgeting
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
The Archdiocese of New York has reorganized 90 of its elementary schools into a Global Regional School System, with nine geographic school regions. Each one has a local, centralized business office that supports 8-15 schools. The entire GRSS is supported by the Global Regional School System Treasury Operations, which is responsible for the collection, processing, recording, transfer, outflow and reporting of all funds within the regional school system. The GRSS Treasury Operations will be the conduit for all financial reporting. The GRSS Treasury Operation will collect, process, and record data in order to provide a clear financial picture of each region/school. The GRSS Finance and Accounting Services team works closely with school principals to provide direct financial administrative support.
Reporting to the Director of Budgeting and Treasury Operations, the Associate Director of Budgeting primary responsibility is to evaluate, review and monitor the annual budget process and fiscal results.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist Director of Budgeting and Financial Operations in oversight of the budgetary activities of the Regional Finance Managers.
- Assist the Director of Budgeting and Treasury Operations in streamlining yearly and monthly budget process.
- Review and analyze proposed budget submissions for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare monthly actual to budget variance reports.
- Conduct analytical review of financial information on a monthly basis to identify significant budget variance at schools and regions.
- With the Director of Budgeting and Treasury Operations, hold monthly meetings with Regional Finance Mangers to review Monthly Financials and variance explanations.
- Assist the Director of Budgeting and Treasury Operations and gain expertise in all aspects of GRSS financial operations.
- Perform financial analysis & prepare ad hoc reports as requested by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Accounting and a minimum of five years accounting experience with at least three years of budgeting experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, is detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented and highly organized.
- Sensitive to the confidentiality of information received for analysis and review.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ConnectNow Accounting, Microsoft Sharepoint, Smart Tuition and Paychex preferred.