Reporting to the Director of Parish Finance, this position supports the activities and functions of the Office of Parish Finance. This role supports the director in the day to day tasks and objectives of the office through financial analysis, research and the interaction with the Associate Directors of Parish Finance working in the field. This position will also serve as a liaison with other offices in the Catholic Center to assist the director in the management of the office
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and support the activities, correspondence and issues being addressed by the Office of Parish Finance to ensure that responses are addressed on a timely basis.
- Assist the director in the management of the Associate Directors of Parish Finance, including tracking open items and matters identified at the parishes through the weekly reports and other communications ensuring that items are completed, documented and closed out.
- Provide financial analysis of parishes, schools and cemeteries. In addition, create and provide trend analysis and schedules to support meetings in the Catholic Center (including parish issues). Provide written analysis to convey findings out of the review of the parish’s financial trends.
- Provide updates and reports on the performance of parishes, through budget variance analysis and explanations for significant variances.
- Draft memos summarizing analysis to assist in the decision making process.
- Draft letters and other correspondence replying to letters to the Vicar General (“VG”) and Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”) from pastors.
- Coordinate with the Archdiocesan Director of Facilities and the Associate Director of Capital Projects to ensure issues arising through the Go/Stop meeting and RFA’s are addressed on a timely basis.
- Property sales and lease transactions – assist the associate director in the Office of the CFO in the allocation of sale proceeds from property sales. For parishes that lease buildings, provide analysis of the financial condition of the parish and suggested solutions regarding the allocation of lease revenue.
- Assist the director in the management of the PAC loan repayment plans, payment of outstanding consolidated bills, Renew & Rebuild outstanding loans, Parish School Restricted Renovation Accounts loans and deposits.
- Assist and provide support to the Associate Director of IPF in the day to day activities of the IPF Office, including preparation for IPF board and sub-committee meetings.
- Manage and run business administration courses for parish personnel and clergy to ensure the continued training in the financial policies and procedures to assist them in the administration of parishes.
- Assist the VG and CFO for special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English is strongly preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel systems.
- Must be a self-starter, possess leadership qualities. Possess the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and work experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Theresa.Bellaby@archny.org