Central Services of the Archdiocese of New York
Reporting to the Finance Office Manager, this position provides bookkeeping and general administrative support to the staff of the Finance Office including but not confined to the Finance Office Manager and the Director of Finance.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Process daily deposits for the archdiocese and related entities.
- Prepare the vouchers for invoices processed through the Finance Office. Ensure that the invoices are signed and forwarded to the Accounts Payable department.
- Record the proceeds of the national collections (e.g., Catholic Relief Services, Catholic Missions, etc.) sent in by the parishes and print and mail receipts and dunning notices back to the parishes. Respond to questions from the parishes related to these collections.
- Prepare and distribute invoices for the rent for the various ADNY office buildings including all departments at the New York Catholic Center.
- Perform routine bookkeeping transactions as directed by the Finance Office Manager and the Director of Finance.
- Open, distribute and redirect the mail to the individuals and departments responsible for it.
- Maintain accurate and current financial records as directed.
- Order and stock required office supplies.
- Provide administrative support to the staff of the Finance Office.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- High school diploma required; undergraduate degree in finance/accounting preferred.
- 4+ years of proven experience in a large corporate or NFP environment.
- Ability to work professionally and autonomously as part of a large office setting.
- Flexible, self-motivated, detail-oriented professional.
- Team player with the proven ability to complete duties/projects accurately and on time within a very busy office setting. Ability to perform multiple projects and consistently deliver on task and project goals/timelines.
- Strong analytical skills; proven expertise in Excel and Word. Professional, customer-oriented and responsive to inquiries from clergy, lay and vendors.
- Knowledge of and respect for traditions and values of the Catholic Church.
Position is Non-Exempt & eligible for overtime after 35 hours worked during a work week.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Mary.Tuohy@archny.org