Campus Minister Position Description
Since 1897, Dominican Academy has been educating young women in the Catholic tradition of Saint Dominic, offering a rigorous academic program distinguished by a firm commitment to values of truth, integrity, prayer, community, and service. As a Catholic, college-preparatory high school sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Peace and located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, Dominican Academy challenges and empowers intelligent young women to become spiritual, intellectual, moral, and socially responsible leaders in a global society.
The Campus Minister of Dominican Academy reports to the President, and works with the faculty members of the Theology department and Principal to plan, structure and implement a comprehensive Service Learning, Retreat and Liturgical program and to further the mission of the school. These elements include planning and facilitation of days of service for the Freshman and Sophomore classes, Senior Service, the Social Justice Seminar Series, Masses, prayer services, daily prayer, class retreats and various service, advocacy and prayer opportunities for the student body throughout the school year.
- Teach one course in the Theology Department: Catholic Social Teaching (required senior theology course)
- Moderate Dominican Academy Preachers (DAPs), Campus Ministry and Social Action Service Clubs
- Plan, structure, lead and chaperone overnight retreats
- Facilitate student participation in the Ignatian Family Teach-In for Justice
- Organize and oversee Global Awareness Week with student leaders in DAPs
- Organize, lead, and chaperone student immersion experiences with our partners at Our Lady of Grace School in Zambia and other external partnerships.
- Secure and prep faculty, staff and/or parent/guardian chaperones for activities when appropriate.
- Other relevant responsibilities as assigned by the President
- Ability to work collaboratively with external partners, colleagues throughout the school and multiple groups of student leaders
- Teaching experience
- Deep understanding of Catholic Social Teaching
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and public speaking
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office, Google Classroom, G Suite and other relevant computer programs
- Able to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Possess high energy, attention to detail, and the ability to organize effectively
Education and Specific Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred
- At least 2-3 years of experience working with students
- A strong belief in the values and pillars of a Catholic Dominican education
- Practicing Catholic
Please send a cover letter that expresses the qualities or experience you possess that make you fit for this position and a current resume that includes dates for all degrees, certifications, and experience to: Careers@dominicanacademy.org
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of applications and interviews will take place immediately with the position filled shortly thereafter.
44 East 68th Street New York, New York 10065