Job Title: Community and Parish Relations Coordinator
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Department: Catholic Charities of Orange, Sullivan, and Ulster
Reports To: Chief Advancement Officer
Summary: The Community and Parish Relations Coordinator is responsible for collaborating with parish leadership and staff by planning, developing and coordinating community outreach work in Orange, Sullivan, and Ulster Counties, in order to promote and seek support of the Agency’s mission and programs. The Coordinator will also seek input from parish and community members to ensure that Catholic Charities is providing the appropriate programs to meet the needs in the communities being served. As part of the Agency’s Office of Advancement, the Coordinator will work closely with the Chief Advancement Officer to support special events, fundraising, and other outreach activities that promote awareness of Catholic Charities in parishes and the community at large. The outcome of these activities will be best measured with the establishment of stronger relationships with each parish, and increased program utilization, and greater attendance at events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serves as liaison and resource to parishes and their affiliated organizations including Catholic Schools, parish ministry programs, catechetical leaders, CYO, Catholic Daughters, Knights of Columbus, St. Vincent de Paul Societies and other entities to broker referrals for services and to promote cooperation and joint programs where appropriate in three county service area.
2. Supports the Chief Advancement Officer and the Advancement Office in community and parish outreach activities, including Agency’s four primary special events each year and other outreach events as they arise.
3. Promotes utilization of Agency programs and attendance/involvement in Agency events.
4. Convenes, plans, and implements learning opportunities for parish and community volunteers to learn about the work of the Agency and those served by it. Provides communications support, including fliers, press releases, and social media, to promote such activities.
5. Develops and sustains volunteers and volunteer opportunities. Maintains database and provides regular communications that sustain these relationships including mailings, parish bulletin announcements and newsletters.
6. Represents Agency and its programs to various outside public and private groups to enhance awareness and support.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week. Schedule to be determined based on current needs of Advancement Office related to events and parish schedules. Some evening and weekend hours will be required to meet special events and deadlines.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Active in position approximately 60% of the time.
Computer usage and stationary approximately 40% of the time.
Operate computer, telephone and other office productivity equipment, such as copier, and printer.
Contact with public regarding charitable donations.
Travel at least 50% of the time using reliable transportation, traversing streets, ascending/descending stairs, and exposed to outside weather conditions.
Education and/or experience required:
HS Diploma or Equivalency
Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, business, organizational communications, event planning preferred.
Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
Strong public speaking, writing, and presentation skills.
Ability to work as part of a team.
Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite and social media
Strong organizational skills
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities