The Conferences Assistant works to ensure that events hosted by the Association run smoothly and meet prescribed goals.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
– Enter delegate registrations into iMIS database system and process payments
Assist with conferences on site in New York from set up to conclusion
– Coordinate and format presentations for screen show and printing using PowerPoint
– Prepare written handout materials for distribution at conferences
– Prepare nametags, delegate lists, registration reports, invoices, receipts, evaluation forms, signs and other relevant conference materials
– Coordinate food and beverage with the outside caterer for New York conferences
– Respond to queries from speakers and delegates Provide administrative support to the conferences staff
– Use CMS to post and update upcoming conferences on the Association’s website
– Format and send promotional emails to membership base about upcoming events
– Process and submit continuing education certificates and applications for conferences
– Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
– Good communications skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to converse with seasoned professionals
– Strong attention to detail and organizational skills a must – requirement to proof read various materials for the website and conference delegate packs, emailing high level speakers
– Ability to work well in a deadline driven environment – prioritize, multitask and follow through with logistical details
– Knowledge of programs such as ‘Frontpage’ and ‘Magnetmail’ to advertise conferences would be beneficial
– Strong team-player and also ability to work autonomously
– Dedicated work ethic, quick learner, proactive, and demonstrates initiative
Undergraduate College degree in any discipline
At least 1 year’s experience in a business environment.
The International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA /ˈɪzdə/) is a trade organization of participants in the market for over-the-counter derivatives. It is headquartered in New York City, and has created a standardized contract (the ISDA Master Agreement) to enter into derivatives transactions. ISDA has more than 820 members in 57 countries; its membership consists of derivatives dealers, service providers and end users.