Position Description: Institutional Commodity Services (ICS) is the central purchasing office for parishes, schools and Catholic institutions in the Greater New York area. Founded and headquartered in the Archdiocese of New York, it also serves the Archdiocese of Newark and the Dioceses of Albany, Bridgeport, Brooklyn and Camden.
The Customer Care Representative is a full-time position. The Customer Care Representative is responsible to help customers place orders. This includes all matters associated with the order, as well as issues that may arise after delivery or within the vendor’s warranty period. The Customer Care Representative reports to the Customer Care Manager.
- Work closely with customers and vendors to respond to customer inquiries and fulfill orders
- Generate purchase orders for customer orders with vendors
- Process all invoices for vendors
- Maintain information on Lawson system
- Process recurring invoices from the ICS mailbox
- Follow up open orders to ensure timely delivery
- Work with vendors on price changes, special requests, open orders
- Interface with vendors and accounting on billing discrepancies and credit memos
- Investigate and resolve customer disputes and communicate results to accounting personnel
- Review customer accounts for outstanding invoices when taking new orders; report findings to the accounts receivable clerk
- Maintain timesheets and leave requisition requests for JCS staff
- Assist Manager of Accounting with monthly and year-end closing responsibilities and year-end audit
- Assist Senior Accountant and Executive Director with special projects, as directed
- Assist Accounting staff as needed in tasks including:
- Transmit checks received at 1011 to lockbox; apply payments received to customers’ accounts; enter daily cash receipts for JCS services, cafeteria, and commission areas into Lawson accounting
- Follow up customers with outstanding invoices greater than 60 days; help establish payment arrangements, if needed. Enter comments into Lawson accounting system.
- Work with customer care team, vendors, product specialists and accounting
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Theresa.Cullen-Seidel@nyics.org