The Department of Education is looking for a Curriculum Analyst
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
The Archdiocese of New York Department of Education
The Curriculum Analyst works collaboratively with the Associate Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction and the Curriculum and Assessment Associate to support and enhance the Archdiocesan curriculum and assessment programs to maximize the educational experience of every student within the Catholic Schools of the Archdiocese of New York.
- Analyze curriculum initiatives using data to identify successful strategies, as well as programs and plans for continuous improvement
- Research a variety of topics (e.g., instructional strategies, curriculum guidelines, instructional technology, etc.) and convey information regarding district curriculum to the Associate Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction as needed.
- Assist with special projects and events to enhance the Archdiocesan curriculum (e.g. essay contests, blended learning programs, partnerships with curricular providers).
- Assist with updating the Archdiocesan Curriculum Staff Access page, maintaining up-to-date content and resources for teachers.
- Organize, classify and report on data for use in decision-making and monitoring at a system level as well as a local school level.
- Analyze assessment data to identify successful strategies, programs and plans for continuous improvement, particularly in areas of weak performance.
- Ability to use spreadsheet tools to effectively roster students on a variety of platforms
- Collaborate with a variety of individuals to develop and administer Archdiocesan interim assessments.
Clerical and Miscellaneous Duties
- Assist the Associate Superintendent in managing all operations of the Curriculum and Instruction office.
- Maintain confidentiality of all operations of the office.
- Work collaboratively with the 7 regional instructional specialists to support effective professional development.
- Work cooperatively with all members of the Superintendent of Schools Office.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: Minimum three (3) years administrative analysis experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- ability to forge and maintain cooperative relationships;
- ability to use and present data clearly through word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs;
- ability to effectively plan and manage projects, and prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to:
- schedule a number of activities;
- communicate and assist with meetings and work with a diversity of individuals;
- routinely gather, collate, and/or classify data;
- make sound decisions;
- meet deadlines and schedules;
- set priorities;
- work as part of a team.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Susan.Miller@archny.org