The Development Office is looking for an Administrative Assistant, Stewardship Appeal.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK
Cardinal’s Annual Stewardship Appeal
Administrative Assistant, Stewardship Appeal
Mission Statement: In service to God, the Development Office of the Archdiocese of New York
seeks to build a culture of generosity inspired by our Lord’s own model of self-gift.
Through fundraising and stewardship, the Development Office cultivates long-lasting relationships
with priests, parishioners, and lay leaders to ensure the financial stability of our Church in New York
and to bear witness to Christ’s eternal message of charity.
Primary Responsibility: Provide support to the Director of the Cardinal’s Annual Stewardship Appeal, assist with the daily operations of the department, and support the financial goals of the Cardinal’s Annual Stewardship Appeal and Renew + Rebuild.
Professional Level: At least 2-3 years of professional work experience
Direct Supervisor: Director of the Cardinal’s Annual Stewardship Appeal
- Prepare polished written correspondence and presentations at the direction of the Director, including agendas, presentations, and minutes for the Cardinal’s Annual Stewardship Appeal Leadership Committee, deanery meetings, weekly staff meetings, Pastor Advisory Committee for Development, and staff trainings
- Manage all pastor and seminarian correspondence, including clergy mailings, individual pastor correspondence, and monthly pastor engagement
- Manage internal and external project deadlines for the Director and provide appropriate reminders
- Maintain the Director’s appointments by planning and scheduling donor, pastor, and committee meetings, conferences, and travel when necessary
- Ensure the Director is equipped with all necessary materials and documents for internal and external meetings and provide post-meeting support
- Prepare, organize, and circulate memos, monthly reports, yearly calendars, and other internal documents, and provide daily and weekly reporting on Appeal progress
- Edits and prepares memoranda and donor correspondence, including solicitation letters, gift processing error responses, tax receipt letters, acknowledgement letters, and general follow-up letters
- Assists with Appeal events and other development events
- Provides administrative support to other senior staff members and the campaign managers as needed
- Special projects as needed
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role in a professional environment
- A proven track record of navigating complex protocols and managing high-level relationships
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, resourceful, and adaptable
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to represent the archdiocese in a polished and professional manner
- A self-motivated team player
- A passion for the Catholic Church and deep understanding of Catholic culture