The Development Office is looking for an Operations Manager.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK
Mission Statement: In service to God, the Development Office of the Archdiocese of New York
seeks to build a culture of generosity inspired by our Lord’s own model of self-gift.
Through fundraising and stewardship, the Development Office cultivates long-lasting relationships
with priests, parishioners, and lay leaders to ensure the financial stability of our Church in New York
and to bear witness to Christ’s eternal message of charity.
Primary Responsibility: The Operations Manager manages the daily operations of the Development office ensuring that the mechanics of fundraising campaigns run flawlessly, and that mailings, communications, and processes are clear, consistent, and on time. Because the Development Department’s fundraising success is dependent upon the seamless integration of many moving parts, the Operations Manager plays an integral role in reaching the fundraising goals for the Development Department.
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director
- Maintain constant communication with management, development staff, and mail house vendors to meet all fundraising and operational needs of the development team
- Own essential operational tasks including mailing coordination, data consistency, gift processing, events coordination, and drafting and editing campaign materials relating to the mail house
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain productivity
- Ongoing review of processes and expenses in order to recommend cost saving and efficiency measures to directors (i.e. budget review for mailings)
- Oversee staff in respective areas of responsibility
- Assist with the creation and revision of manuals and trainings, providing input regarding process improvement, and helping produce the content and design of campaign materials
- Liaise with division heads to ensure that each is working in harmony toward production goals while also meeting quality standards
- Oversee ordering and inventory of campaign materials across all divisions
- Serve as back-up for Luminate online giving process for the Development department
- Coordinate with the DDC team on data analytics to facilitate informed fundraising decisions and serve as point of contact for key data-related projects (including but not limited to Blackbaud wealthscreen, segmentation process, and revenue reconciliation)
- Complete special projects, as assigned and manage staff accordingly
Standards of Performance:
- Ensure that department mailings are produced flawlessly and on time
- Ensure operations processes are streamlined, clear, and consistent
- Effectively manage staff to ensure seamless gift processing
- Proactively execute all assigned tasks with minimal supervision
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 3-5 years of experience in an operations or direct mail management position
- Strong budget development and oversight skills
- Intelligent highly motivated self-starter and self-manager
- An organized team player with impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated to constantly seek ways to improve fundraising results
- Strong negotiation skills
- Awareness of internal and external customer needs
- Technologically savvy, with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Raiser’s Edge or other database experience is a plus
- A passion for the Catholic Church and a deep understanding of Catholic culture