The Family Life Office is looking for a Bilingual Family Life Support Specialist.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
POSITION TITLE: Bilingual Family Life Support Specialist
This position requires an individual who is responsible for assisting the Family Life Office with administrative, customer service (e.g., parish, couples, etc.) and digital support tasks. Primary responsibilities are related to the archdiocesan Marriage Preparation (Pre-Cana) Programs, which include supporting the English and Spanish Marriage Ministries Team with organizing and following up with venue sites, caterers, and engaged couples, as well as working with an online registration and payment system. This person will be responsible for trouble-shooting and follow-up issues associated with the Spanish Marriage Preparation program, and supporting the Spanish-speaking programs that mirror the English-speaking programs in the Family Life Office.
- Answer and/or field email and phone call inquiries, especially Spanish ones, that come into the FL Office in a timely manner, and under the guidelines of the Assistant Director of the Office.
- Work to support the Marriage Ministries team in various aspects of the Marriage Prep and Pre-Cana program, including:
- Assisting in creating and maintaining the annual Pre-Cana calendar – both English and Spanish.
- Packing, mailing and assuring delivery of marriage preparation materials to marriage prep facilitators and program sites.
- Providing assistance to couples in determining choices of Pre-Cana dates and locations, rescheduling couples to different classes, when necessary, and sending out emails to couples to support their progress through the Marriage Prep process.
- Working daily in the multiple Excel spreadsheets and the online registration platforms that are used to manage the English and Spanish Marriage Prep programs.
- Assisting the Marriage Ministries team in working with caterers, venues, and parishes as needed to ensure proper food delivery and technology setup for Pre-Cana days.
- Translating and entering Spanish Pre-Cana evaluations and other Spanish-language data into a database.
- Participate in ‘out-of-office’ activities such as Pre-Cana Days as needed (includes some Saturdays – approximately 2x a month, in place of a weekday of work).
- Design flyers, sends email-blasts promoting upcoming events, and assisting the Family Life Office with Spanish-related website and social media updates as needed.
- Assist the office with special projects, and perform tasks given to them by the Director and Assistant Director, as needed.
- Adheres to the internal and external deadlines set by the [Assistant] Director.
Required Faith-Based Knowledge/Commitment:
- A practicing Catholic who accepts Church teachings, particularly on issues relating to the Office’s mission to promote respect for human life, family and marriage, chastity and human sexuality.
- Must be able to support the Family Life Office’s mission to respect all human life, in particular the most vulnerable.
Education, Experience and ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be fluently bi-lingual (English/Spanish) and be able to translate documents with ease, if needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Pastoral Certification preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Church teaching on issues regarding marriage, sexuality and family planning.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, as this position is the ‘first contact’ for many to the Family Life Office.
- Balancing patience and compassion with adherence to Office policies, procedures and superior’s directives is essential.
- Strong social and organizational skills, with the ability to work both independently as well as with a team of staff members.
- Strong technology skills with proficiency in using the Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Openness to learning new technologies to adapt (expand) one’s skills and competencies and to enhance our FL outreach (e.g., Flocknote, Social media applications, MyCatholicFaithDelivered, Luminate, SurveyMonkey, InDesign, etc.)