The Institutional Commodity Services (ICS) is looking for an ICS Sales Representative
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Dorota.Czyzewska@nyics.org
Position Description: Institutional Commodity Services (ICS) is the central purchasing office for parishes, schools and Catholic institutions in the Greater New York area. Founded and headquartered in the Archdiocese of New York, it also serves the Archdiocese of Newark and the Dioceses of Albany, Bridgeport, Brooklyn and Camden.
The Director of Sales-Brooklyn handles the geographic area of Brooklyn and other designated areas to promote ICS as a purchasing resource and help customers achieve significant discounts on quality products and services. The salaried Director of Sales – Brooklyn reports directly to the executive director of ICS with a reporting line to the Marketing and Sales Manager.
Coordinate and Manage
- Meet with representatives of all Catholic institutions in the assigned area, including parish pastors, administrators and business managers, principals, executive directors and religious superiors.
- Understand the customers and their needs, recommend new products, and identify cost-efficient alternatives to existing products and manufacturers.
- Deliver timely price quotations to clients.
- Follow up to ensure all orders were received completely and the customer is satisfied.
- Follow up on any customers with outstanding invoices greater than 60 days; help establish payment arrangements, if needed.
- Achieve mastery of the ICS sales order process.
- Attend bi-weekly sales meetings to:
- Review needs and requests of customers
- Discuss updates on new products and services
- Meet the manufacturers to enhance product knowledge
- Assist the Executive Director with special projects, as directed.
- Work closely with fellow sales representatives, product specialists, sales manager, and the executive director to increase knowledge of products, suppliers and customers.
- Attend seminars and monthly meetings with participating dioceses to keep customers informed and expand the customer base.
- Minimum five years experience in sales
- Demonstrated experience in customer service
- Working knowledge of Catholic church structure and organization
- Well-organized, with strong project management skills and ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Bi-lingual capacity preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Outstanding initiative, work ethic and ability to work independently or on a team
- Ability to travel throughout the assigned geographic area approximately 80% of the time