Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Majors Gifts Officer
The Department of Community Outreach Services of Catholic Charities Community Services is seeking a Major Gifts Officer. This position is located at 1011. The Major Gifts Officer will report to The Director of Development.
The Major Gifts Officer is a seasoned, front-line fundraiser responsible for managing a diverse
portfolio of individual donors and prospects. Primary focus is to identify, cultivate, and solicit major donor
prospects for annual, restricted, and special campaign support. Charged with dramatically increasing number of 5 and 6 figure donors and amount of dollars raised through non-event fundraising (i.e., general operating and special project fundraising rather than galas and golf outings).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward donor prospects above $10k+ level.
- Manage a portfolio of donors and conduct systematic donor/prospecting calls and solicitation visits throughout the year in close conversations with colleagues working on the Cardinal’s Committee for Charity and other outreach.
- Identify and pursue untapped prospects and upgrade existing donors from Catholic Charities’ database.
- Master the prospect research system to make most effective use of donor information.
- Orchestrate key donor meetings on behalf of the Executive Director, Board, and Director of Institutional Advancement.
- Oversee stewardship of a high-quality donor experience through correspondence, personal donor engagement, proposals, and acknowledgements.
- Develop and execute individual giving outreach strategy for non-events driven major gift opportunities.
- Create and actively promote naming opportunities.
- Devise and monitor a Moves Management tracking system through Raisers Edge.
- Serve as a staff co-host to a wide variety of donor cultivation and benefit events.
- Work with the Planned Giving office of the Archdiocese of NY to actively and aggressively promote planned giving vehicles to Catholic Charities prospects.
- Pitch standard Planned Giving vehicles as part of major gift discussions.
- Provide general Development team support when needed and perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in individual giving, major gifts, or campaign fundraising.
- Track record of securing $10k+ gifts.
- Planned Giving experience a plus.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Superb written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to negotiate complex or high profile agreements.
- Excellent time management, project management, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated success in building solid donor relationships leading to measurable results.
- Must have hands-on experience growing an organizational donor base, increasing campaign revenue, and enhancing volunteer participation.
- Computer literate, knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; Raiser’s Edge software a plus.