To apply, email your resume and a cover letter to Mary Elise Zellmer – MaryElise.Zellmer@archny.org.
Part Time Paid Internship for the Office of Young Adult Outreach
Office of Young Adult Outreach
The Young Adult Outreach Internship program is a great opportunity for a young adult to learn the ins and outs of Young Adult Ministry. Working with the largest Archdiocesan Young Adult Outreach program in the country, the intern will have the unique opportunity to help run events, strategize on evangelization, complete office work, and attend meetings.
• Perform all that is asked from the Director and Assistant Director of Young Adult Outreach.
• Attend and assist at various young adult events, requiring nights and weekends.
• Attend Young Adult Masses throughout the year from the various Young Adult Groups.
• Help the Director of Young Adult Outreach set up the Archdiocesan Leaders meeting 3 times a year. (Primarily helping with emails).
• Assist the Director and team with the Young Adult Mass.
• Assist the team with the Love & Responsibility Summer Series.
• Assist with the “You Did It To Me” Apostolic program.
• Help to set up/take down all required young adult events.
• Prepare the weekly Catholic NYC email blast.
• Assist with Archdiocesan monthly Holy Hours.
• Attend all Leaders’ Meetings.
• Greet all visitors who come to the Young Adult Office.
• Answer phone calls when necessary.
• Enter emails collected at young adult events into the CatholicNYC website.
• Assisting with various tasks that come up.
• Represent the Archdiocese in a professional and positive manner.
• Implement all that is asked from the Director and Assistant Director of Office of Young Adult Outreach.
• Complete on time all assignments given by the Office Administrator.
• Attend at least one young adult event a week.
• Work part-time 22 hours a week, but not more.
• Committed to live, and ability to articulate, the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Good leadership experience and abilities.
• Ability to work independently, self-starter
• Good social and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to be flexible and work well in a team.
• Two years of college education required.