Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Position Title: Regional Coordinator for Youth Ministry (South of Yonkers)
Reports to: Director and Associate Director of the Archdiocese of New York
Office: St. Joseph’s Seminary- Office of Youth Ministry, Yonkers
Status: Full Time
The person applying for this position needs to have applied and understood the concept of youth ministry as put forth by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in their 1997 document Renewing the Vision: A framework for Catholic Youth Ministry. It states: “Youth Ministry is the response of the Christian community to the needs of young people and the sharing of the unique gifts of youth with the larger community” (RTV 1). The purpose of this position would be to assist the Diocesan Director—the “Keeper of the Vision”—to continue to develop and foster comprehensive youth ministry within the Archdiocese on the local levels of their particular region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The job of the Regional Coordinator of Youth Ministry (South of Yonkers) will be to work with the Office of Youth Ministry in fostering disciple-making ministries to all archdiocesan high school age students up until the college level within their respective region. They will report directly to the Director and Associate Director of Youth Ministry. Each of the Regional Coordinators will be the liaisons between the local communities within their regions and the office of youth ministry. They will be responsible for disseminating the information from the office to the local levels as well as provide support and resources to the different communities as needed.
Regional Coordinators will:
- Engage in parish youth ministry consultation
- Collaboratively develop and facilitate youth ministry training programs
- Support and engage youth ministry deanery teams
- Promote participation of youth ministers and young people at regional, national, international gatherings, retreats, and outreach and mission opportunities
- Collaboratively develop and facilitate training and events for parents, families, and youth on the local level
- Maintain a database of local youth ministry contacts and programs
- Follow-up with the Office of Youth Ministry Sub-Committee work
- Engage and assist in events and programming of the Office of Youth Ministry
- Collaborate with the social media presence of the Office of Youth Ministry through their different accounts and website
- Liaise with the Coordinators of other offices in their respective area
- Bachelor’s Degree Minimum with a concentration in Youth Ministry preferred. Five years of related experience will be considered on both local and national levels.
- Bilingual- Spanish/English preferred.
- Roman Catholic in good standing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have a driver’s license and the ability to travel around the parishes/ diocese as well as a willingness to work on nights and weekends.
- Strong organizational, time-management and communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.