The Sheen Center is looking for a Patron Services Coordinator.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Purpose of the Position:
The Associate Patron Services Manager is responsible for supporting the Patron Services Manager in the overall operation and development of the Front of House area. This person will assist with the daily operation of the department, specifically during evening and weekend hours while performances and events are taking place. The presence of a full time Sheen Center staff member during performance hours makes for better decision-making and increased safety for all Sheen Center patrons and part time staff.
The Patron Services Coordinator must interface effectively with a variety of internal Sheen Center departments and staff, including Programming, Marketing, Production, Development, Facilities, Front Desk and the Center’s Operations Manager.
The Patron Services Coordinator must also interface with various external producing entities and commercial vendors, in order to gather event and product information and to keep concessions inventory current. Therefore, this position requires someone who is a strong communicator across diverse constituencies.
At present, this position assists with the supervision of part time Front of House staff during events. Therefore the Patron Services Coordinator must be able to maintain an environment in which these employees are knowledgeable and operate at a high level of effectiveness.
Reports To: Patron Services Manager
Essential Job Functions:
Patron Interaction: He/she must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Sheen Center programing, policy and institutional history in order to reflect the superior standard of service by the Front of House area.
Concessions/Inventory Management: The Patron Services Coordinator will be responsible for daily inventory management of concessions food and merchandise products. This includes inventory tracking, sales reports, and submitting purchase orders to partnering vendors.
Administrative Tasks: Assist with daily administrative tasks. These tasks will range from entering staffing information into the internal event calendar, and assisting the Patron Services Manager with internal inventory tracking and budget reporting.
- Box office management during events.
- Process comp requests, seat moves and Manager-approved refunds.
- Provide a clear and knowledgeable response to patron inquires.
- Cultivate/update list of local restaurants in order to offer suggestions upon patron request.
- Ensure on-time opening of the box office at the start of the day and performing a secure lock up of the space in the evening.
- Assist Patron Services Manager with event updates in the Ovationtix system.
- Maintain working knowledge of Sheen Center event calendar.
- Assist with training of part-time staff.
- Assist with maintenance of Front of House equipment.
- Assist with the processing of weekly box office reports.
- Assist with the collection of promotional ticket sales data.
- Responsible for emergency alert notifications and building evacuations.
- As needed and within the skillset of the Patron Services Coordinator.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or work experience in a relevant field that includes box office responsibilities at a performing arts venue. Knowledge of Ovationtix is a plus. Strong interpersonal skills as well as extensive experience with customer service should be reflected in work history and references.