The Development Office is looking for a Principal Gifts Manager.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Primary Responsibility: The Principal Gifts Manager works for the Director of Leadership Giving and closely with the Director of the Appeal to obtain support from individual donors ($10,000-$100,000). The Principal Gifts Manager will assist the Director of Leadership Giving plan and implement the individual gifts strategy and oversees a portfolio of 100-125 donors, as well as a group of 100-125 prospects.
Experience Level: At least 3-5 years experience in fundraising with measurable results and a strong emphasis on six-figure gifts.
Direct Supervisor: Director of Leadership Giving
- Execute principal gift plan to renew and upgrade donors ($10,000-$99,999) and identify leadership gifts for $100,000-$1MM+;
- Qualify and cultivate a pool of prospects to convert them into donors with other individual giving managers;
- Attend in-person donor cultivation and solicitation meetings;
- Manage mail strategy and appeals, when appropriate;
- Organize principal donor events and/or trips in conjunction with other members of the team;
- Manage giving societies if necessary;
- Work with other giving managers to meet specific requests of Donors (dinners, visits to Rome);
- Undertake special projects at the direction of the Director of Leadership Giving and Executive Director.
Standards of Performance:
- Achieve leadership goal
- Effectively plan, coordinate and execute all events
- Oversee all principal donor correspondence
- Develop cultivation opportunities and tailored solicitation strategies for principal donors
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Strong knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel
Knowledge of Internet and standard research sites, Raisers’ Edge, LexisNexis and PowerPoint
- Intelligent, articulate, highly motivated self-starter with strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to relate effectively with upper management, peers and others
- Ability to independently carry out multiple and diverse tasks concurrently
- Possess initiative to constantly seek ways to improve fundraising results
- Ability to take on added responsibility as it is presented
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills