Institutional Commodity Services (ICS) is looking for a Purchase Order Coordinator.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Institutional Commodity Services (ICS)
Purchase Order Coordinator
Position Description: Institutional Commodity Services (ICS) is the central purchasing office for parishes, schools and Catholic institutions in the Greater New York area. Founded and headquartered in the Archdiocese of New York, it also serves the Archdiocese of Newark and the Dioceses of Albany, Bridgeport, Brooklyn and Camden.
The Purchase Order Coordinator is responsible to administer the ICS purchase order process, and assist with sales reporting and analysis. The Purchase Order Coordinator reports to the Director of Accounting.
- Maintain accurate purchase order database, including general ledger coding, product cost, sale price and margin.
- Process approved purchase orders through Lawson accounting system.
- Review, track and follow-up on all orders from receipt through delivery.
- Issue daily sales flash and monthly sales trend reports.
- Adhere to Archdiocesan financial policies and practices; identify process improvement opportunities.
- Work with sales reps and accounting team to support departmental initiatives and resolve issues.
- Provide information for year-end audit and record-keeping.
- Assist Director of Accounting and Executive Director on special projects, as directed.
- Associate’s Degree or three years experience in purchase order maintenance or sales reporting
- Well-organized, with strong project management skills and ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent math and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, especially Excel. Lawson experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Catholic church structure and organization helpful