The Archdiocese of New York
Department of Education – Finance Office
Senior Accountant – Department of Education
This position assists the Associate Director of DOE Finance, the Child Nutrition Program (CNP) Program Director and the Controller of the DOE in the management, planning, and coordination of the financial operations of the Archdiocese of New York Department of Education (“DOE”).
- Work closely with the Associate Director of DOE Finance and the Controller to ensure timely monthly closing of the books at month end, by utilizing the current methods for processing financial activity in the Lawson Financial System (used for general ledger and financial reporting), as well as other financial applications.
- Assist in creating and tracking information for the FEMA Grant
- Complete O’Connor and CNP bank account reconciliations with supporting schedules and analysis.
- Complete all CNP deposit entries.
- Clear CNP payroll and AP checks in Lawson
- Prepare and record cash journal entries as needed.
- Maintain tracking of Mandated Services payments. Sort, scan, create vouchers as needed to distribute funds
- Create vouchers as needed for all DOE entities and circulate for proper authorization.
- Prepare and post journal entries related to all Cardinal O’Connor activities
- Compare SMART student roster with database to identify students enrolled/withdrawn during month.
- Prepare and upload various monthly allocation entries, including payroll, revenue and overhead for all DOE entities.
- Account for CNP accrued expenses, receivables, deferred revenue, donated commodities and other accounts to ensure accurate monthly financial reporting
- This position will also be responsible for coordinating all payments of bills for CHSA including those of Coleman High School, until it is sold.
- Provide assistance in the designing and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Verify and reconcile the monthly bank remittances made by the government entities reimbursing CNP and incorporate into relevant schedules accounts;
- Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information against charges and reconciling the data and reports provided by CNP’s outside accounting firm;
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- BS in Accounting, a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a not-for-profit institution. CPA a plus.
- Exhibit strong accounting skills and solid communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with Lawson Financial System a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, be detail & deadline oriented and highly organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Matthew.Brellis@archny.org