Archdiocese of New York
Senior Associate of Planned Giving
Primary Responsibility: The Senior Associate of Planned Giving will act as a general assistant to the Planned Giving Division by performing many non-routine office functions in the coordination of all planned gifts for the Archdiocese of New York.
Experience Level: Minimum of four years of experience in a position which required demonstration of administrative and organizational skills. Related para-legal course work/degree may be considered in lieu of some of the experience requirement
Direct Supervisor: Director of Planned Giving
· Assists the Director of Planned Giving in carrying out the office operation responsibilities
· Assists in preparing estate planning marketing materials including multi-channel means of reaching potential donors that includes print, email (including Luminate), website, presentations. Coordinates with outside vendors
· Responsible for the coordination and completion of clerical work for Planned Giving including processing gifts and mail, expense report accounting, drafting correspondence and donor acknowledgements, and maintaining donor files
· Assists with the scheduling of cultivation and solicitation appointments for the Director of Planned Giving
· Provides the first line of customer service support for donors contacting the planned gift division by mail, email, and phone; triaging as well as fulfilling information to ensure a timely response. Serves as an ambassador of the archdiocese in these interactions with tact, professionalism, and good energy
· Compiles and formats statistical data and reports of planned gifts, pledges and payments or distributions received
· Utilizes the Raiser’s Edge donor database to manage and maintain donor and prospect information, run reports, and coordinate gift entry
· Works closely with Finance and the Donor Database Center
· Assists with the organization of estate planning seminars and volunteers needed to assist with preparation and delivery of the seminars, events, and programs. Coordinates Legacy of Faith Society events, Trust and Estate Advisory Committee meetings, and other event planning, including marketing efforts and staff activities, and collaboration with the major gifts team
· Coordinates and maintains directory of allied professionals—estate planning attorneys, financial advisors, accountants, insurance executives for marketing and referrals for Planned Giving prospects. Coordinates periodic meeting with allied professionals who comprise the Trusts and Estates Advisory Committee and Archdiocese
· Maintains confidentiality of donor information
· Remains current in philanthropy developments and fundraising techniques by attending meetings, conference, and participating in training programs
· Special projects as needed
Standards of Performance:
· Ability to work collaboratively with Calvary Hospital, the Inner City Scholarship Fund and other contracted clients
· Communicates effectively with donors
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in Finance, Communications or Marketing.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance, attendance records and provide quality customer service
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to relate effectively with upper management, peers and others
· Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications including Windows, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, knowledge of Internet. Knowledge of database (Raiser’s Edge preferred) and PG Anywhere.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others, excellent judgment.
· Ability to drive in NYS, current driver’s license strongly preferred.
· Para-legal, majoring in Finance or Trusts / Estates
· Knowledge of Financial Markets and systems
· Notary Public desirable
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org