The Global Regional School System is looking for a Staff Accountant, Payables
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Lisa.Behrens@archny.org.
The Archdiocese of New York has reorganized 90 of its elementary schools into a Global Regional School System (GRSS), with nine geographic school districts. Each one has a local, centralized business office that supports 8-15 schools. The entire GRSS is supported by the Global Regional School System Treasury Operations, which is responsible for the collection, processing, recording, transfer, outflow and reporting of all funds within the regional school system. The GRSS Treasury Operations will be the conduit for all financial reporting. The GRSS Treasury Operations will collect, process, and record data in order to provide a clear financial picture of each region/school.
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Staff Accountant’s primary responsibility is ensuring accurate and timely reporting of financial information to the Regional Boards, Business Managers and other Users.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Function as account administrator, and primary point of contact for the credit card program.
- Monitor and review credit card transactions within the online banking system.
- Ensure all supporting backup is present for credit card charges.
- Review general ledger system to ensure accuracy of the transaction import from the credit card system.
- Maintain account reconciliations with supporting schedules and analysis including but not limited to credit card payable account (3205)
- Perform financial analysis and prepare ad hoc reports
- Assist with Accounts Payables duties as requested
- Ability to present to large groups
- Other related duties as required by management.
- Security Guard invoice monitoring for reimbursement
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Attention to detail with strong time management and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills, pro-active and a good problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, high-volume web-based environment
- Quick learner, creative, self-starter with good judgment and high energy