Office of Development and Alumnae Relations
Since its founding in 1905, the mission of Cathedral High School (CHS) has been to provide young women with a transformative Catholic education that challenges them to fulfill their academic potential, inspires them to serve and care for their communities, and imbues them with a deep awareness of their own human dignity.
CHS is an all-girls Catholic college preparatory high school in Manhattan serving 400 young women, most of whom represent economically disadvantaged populations. Our students come from all five New York City boroughs, as well as Long Island, Westchester, and New Jersey and represent 42 nationalities. The students are also racially diverse: 56% Hispanic, 28.4% African or African American, 9% multi-racial, 4.2% Asian, and 2.4% Caucasian. Over 60% of the students are eligible for free or discounted meals, and 34% are on public assistance. More than 50% of CHS students are from single-parent households, and all student tuition is partly subsidized.
About the Position:
The Stewardship Manager will join a dynamic team at a historic moment in Cathedral High School’s history! As we navigate our recent relocation and launch the school’s first-ever comprehensive campaign, the Stewardship Manager will play a critical role in dramatically growing Cathedral High School’s donor cultivation, fundraising, and stewardship efforts through supporting all development and alumnae engagement activities. This individual will manage relationships with scholarship sponsors and foundations while growing support from both. He or she will oversee the implementation of Cathedral High School’s annual fund and monthly giving program, assist with events, produce print and digital fundraising communications, and manage all aspects of student sponsor engagement.
• Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects from $1,000-$4,999 with metrics and benchmarks (both monetary and activity) to achieve throughout the year on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
• Grow foundation support of Cathedral High School through management of full application cycle, including drafting proposals, cultivating foundation prospects, and managing reporting
• Provide day-to-day administrative support to the department, including scheduling donor and alumnae visits, responding to alumnae inquiries, and donor and alumnae outreach as necessary
• Oversee and manage quarterly communication between students and scholarship sponsors and coordinate all logistics around named scholarships
• Conduct accurate and thorough donor research realizing the importance of research in the prospect identification and strategy process
• Structure and implement monthly giving program
• Assist with coordination and production of fundraising and donor cultivation events, including event and appeal mailings
• Assist the Development and Alumnae Relations team on communications, such as the newsletter and alumnae magazine
• Special projects as needed
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Personal commitment to the mission of Cathedral High School
• An understanding of and enthusiasm for Catholic education, values, and culture
• 4-Year college degree
• Detail-oriented, highly organized, and with a strong sense of responsibility and teamwork
• Personable and engaging, comfortable dealing with a wide variety of constituents and donors
• Energetic and willingness to learn
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• An ability to work on a broad range of tasks on a small team
• Interest in development and philanthropy
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite, specifically Excel, Word, and InDesign, familiarity with or ability to learn Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT
• Some nights and weekends required
The salary for this position will likely fall in the $60,000-$70,000 range but may be flexible for an exceptional candidate.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to Maréa Hurson, Director of Development and Alumnae Relations, at email@example.com.