The Department of Education is looking for a Strategic Planning & Government Programs Associate.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Superintendent of Schools Office – Archdiocese of New York
Thousands of committed Catholic educators in the Archdiocese of New York serve more than 65,000 students from Pre-K to twelfth grade in rural, urban and suburban settings throughout ten southern counties in New York State. Building on more than 200 years of inspiring students, over 200 Catholic schools offer an excellent, nurturing, values-centered education in a structured environment that helps children of all backgrounds realize their fullest potential as human beings.
Strategic Planning & Government Programs Associate
This role presents an opportunity to learn about educational leadership, public policy and complex school programs at every level of government. The Superintendent of Schools Office is looking for someone who is an excellent communicator with strong writing abilities, capable of receiving complex information and formulating clear announcements and directives on behalf of others. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn a new set of administrative skills and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously. You will regularly communicate with all levels of the Archdiocese of New York and external constituents, including government agencies and officials. In all areas, this individual will need to exercise professionalism and sound judgment.
- A reliable professional who can exercise sound judgment.
- Able to work effectively in an environment of complex relationships across multiple departments.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet deadlines aligned with organizational goals and understand the concept of scaling projects.
- An effective communicator with a strong command of the written word, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and deliver those messages.
- Effective at gaining the support and commitment of others by engaging them around your perspective and priorities.
With Collaboration from the Associate Superintendent, you will:
- Regularly communicate with all levels of the Archdiocesan community, including principals, other superintendents staff, boards, and donors and external constituents, including elected officials and government agencies i.e. Departments of Education, Health and Transportation, Bureau of Nonpublic Schools, City/State Legislatures, etc.
- Create and maintain both budgets and related tracking documentation for various office and governmental programs i.e. ESEA, Title funds, grant projects, immunizations, Smart Bond etc.
- Draft emails, forms, protocols and other correspondence to principals and other stakeholders and monitor the implementation of such directives.
- Exercise considerable responsibility in the implementation, execution, and continued operation of various programs with direction from the Associate Superintendent and represent the Associate Superintendent in communication with various constituents. Some examples of these programs and projects include, but are not limited to the New York City Security Guard Reimbursement Program, Regional Field Day, the High School Sheen Center Catholic Lens event, and Spirituality Day.
- Prepare material for all meetings, maintain files, and organize materials for future meetings.
- Learn about and give guidance to principals and school staff on various programs that are provided to Catholic schools from various governmental and private entities.
- Assist with correspondence from the Superintendent of Schools’ Office, particularly in matters relating to governance of the regional schools and their boards.
- Carry out directions to independently manage and complete projects both on short deadlines and long-term timelines.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Associate Superintendent.
- Masters degree (preferred) plus at least 3-5 years of experience working directly for an individual in a leadership role, teaching, or comparable experience.
- Excellent information management, analytical, administrative and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work well on a team, providing assistance as needed.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with computers and technology including Microsoft Office Suite, namely Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Google Tools, Adobe, etc.
- Knowledge of education management or schools (preferred).