The Tuition Management Office is looking for a Tuition Collection Specialist.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Tuition Collection Specialist
Direct Supervisor: Director of Tuition Management
Primary Responsibility: Tuition Collection Specialist will manage the (past due) tuition collection efforts for the previous school year/s for all withdrawn students, as well as proactively support tuition collection from active families in the current school year. This will include, but may not be limited to:
- Actively addressing the past due balances in completed school years for all withdrawn students; attempt to collect and/or recommend accounts to be sent to collections. Provide all necessary support and documentation to collections agency. Update SMART accounts with collections status.
- Supporting Principals and Regional Finance Managers (RFMs) with the collection of the current school year tuition; provide all necessary reporting; assist in creating payment plans; consolidate multi-year balances; update SMART as required.
- On a case by case basis and in collaboration with the Director of Tuition Management, Principal and RFM, taking responsibility for specific accounts with excessive past due balances.
- Participate in monthly delinquency calls with Treasury and RFMs.
- Provide delinquency updates at management meetings as requested (e.g., RFM Meeting, GRSS Meeting, etc.).
- Continuous review of Zero Payment Report, Multi-Failed Payment Report and Multi-Year Aging reports to highlight concerns and problem accounts to Principals, Regional Finance Managers, and Regional Superintendents.
- Manage transition of outstanding balances from the current school year to the new school year for returning families; attempt to collect outstanding balances from withdrawn and non-returning families; make recommendations for collections as necessary.
- Develop a delinquent tuition calendar and process which can be easily adopted by principals and school administrative staff; update and provide communication templates. Attend Principal Meetings as needed to share best practices and answer questions.
- Investigate opportunities to leverage SMART Tuition’s current collection process and functionality to achieve better collection outcomes.
- Reduce the 17-18 past due balances of withdrawn families by 25%.
- Ensure 100% of the 18-19 past due balances for returning families are consolidated into 19-20 tuition accounts (per Superintendent’s policy).
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience: Minimum of five years of experience in debt collection
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven conflict resolution skills
- Ability to generate creative solutions
- Attention to detail, commitment to achieving goals, and a high level of initiative and energy
- Ability to build consensus with all stakeholders, and balance multiple concurrent priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, as the position necessitates