Executive Assistant: Job Opening
The Executive Assistant (EA) will work for the Founder of the World Youth Alliance
and the CEO of FEMM. The EA will enhance organizational effectiveness by
providing information management support, and support organizational growth.
To be successful in this role, you must be proactive, detail oriented, meet deadlines
and communicate effectively. When needed, the EA will support meetings and events
outside of normal office hours. Excellent verbal and written skills, along with
discretion and ability to maintain confidential information are essential. Candidate
must embrace the mission of the World Youth Alliance (www.wya.net) and FEMM
• Produce information by formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and
transmitting text, data, and graphics.
• Research and write correspondence; draft letters and documents; collect and
analyze information; initiate telecommunications.
• Maintain appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings,
conferences, teleconferences, events and travel, and coordinating travel and
visa needs with others as needed.
• Represent the executive by attending meetings in the executive’s absence;
speak for the executive as appropriate.
• Maintain organizational confidence and protect operations by keeping
• Welcome guests by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or
• Complete projects; manage details and deadlines by following up on results.
• Prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information; collaborate with
multiple colleagues to ensure project timeliness and identify weaknesses or
delays in time to address and bring to attention of CEO.
• Prepare and manage Board information and materials, reports, and other
• Data management and maintenance; support with key contact communications
and list management.
• Bookkeeping and budgeting; accounts management; preparation of budget
reports and updates.
• Provide institutional stability by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval
systems; manage annual reporting requirements; recording meeting
• Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory
level; anticipate needed supplies; evaluate new office products; place and
expedite orders for supplies; verify receipt of supplies.
Ensure operation of office and equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements; follow manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshoot
malfunctions; call for repairs; maintain equipment inventories; evaluate new
equipment and techniques; manage vendors and contractors; house, office and
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Willingness to support chief executive in all additional areas as required.
Executive Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Excellent writing skills, reporting and ability to summarize and understand big picture
and necessary details, bookkeeping and basic accounting; budgeting and budget
reporting as needed; payroll and financial support (payments); supply and vendor
management; scheduling; events management; excellent Microsoft Office and related
software skills. Database management experience and accounting software usage a
Compensation commensurate with experience, may include shared housing in NY;
To inquire or to apply, please send cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or